Putting women in their "proper place"

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 15 2001 - 08:03:45 PDT

I just got done "talking" to Patty....I have had some fun with many
list members "re-writing" history (as Herstory) this summer....Even
the book of Genesis (of course all in fun). I know I won't have as
much time to play with this idea in March (Women's History Month)
...so it has been fun to brainstorm this summer.

Here is what Patty had to say about Cave Painting:

> Oh, you should hear me rewrite everything. According to me cave
Paintings
> were all done by women - they were the first shopping lists.

I think it would be fun to start a thread on this....Men, please join
in too. How can we rewrite HIStory to give more about HERstory..Oh--
no need to just stick with facts...this is supposed to be fun and get
the kids to think. The facts will come in other classes (or soon
enough).

Have a senstational Sunday!

Judy Decker

---