Re: Sketchbooks--a question about logistics

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 14 2001 - 17:14:14 PDT

Print out a chart with all the student's names on them. I make my sketchbook
drawings worth 25 points (sometimes 10). Have the student's open their
sketchbooks & set beside them as they work. Just walk by and write down
their grade. These should be learning experiences and thus, not worth as
much as a project. :-)
~Michal

> I've required about 1 drawings every other week for all my students
(usually
> an assigned subject, sometimes their choice) and this is figured into
their
> grade.
>
> What I CAN'T figure out, though, is how to go about grading the darn
things!
> There's no time to do it at school (given all the other after school
duties
> at the boarding school where I teach) and so it's something that has to be
> done in the evening.

---