Re: Privacy Law again

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 14 2001 - 15:31:47 PDT

As much as I think the legal rulings are going overboard with
regard to students seeing each others grades. There will be
wide misinterpretations of all new rules. When grading privacy
was announced in our district, one principal said that art teachers
could no longer put names on students work which was put on
display. I assume the logic was that it was good enough for display
so it had to remain anonymous. This fallacy was soon corrected,
but should serve as an example of how ridiculous things do get.
I have always said that the only true assessment of the quality of
a child's art is the size of the smile on the child's face. They can't
make smiles illegal, can they ?
                                                                Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail