Re: Privacy Law again was RE: Keeping a sketchbook--high school

---------

gregjuli_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat Jul 14 2001 - 10:59:18 PDT

Thanks Kim for the important information on this subject.
Also something I wanted to clarify on the binder sketchbooks that I use.
It probably seems real silly to cut off the metal coil part that binds that
sketchbook together, but we had lots of sketchbooks left over, so I had to cut
the coil off. It would definitely be cheaper to just have paper cut to size
and use it in the binder, unless you like a certain grade or type of sketch
paper that is in the sketchbooks. I definitely recommend the binders after
having used them last year. We're thinking on the same wave- length Sid!
MaryB

Kimberly Herbert wrote:

> The law is called the Family Education Rights and privacy Act or FERPA
> and is a federal law. According to a case that was heard in 10th Circuit
> Court of Appeals it is illegal to have students grade other students
> work.

---