More efficient search technique

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 14 2001 - 08:29:36 PDT

Hi, all,

This suggestion came from the online computer newsletter I subscribe to
(the one from where I get all the virus warnings). Hope you find it
useful.

Maggie
This is a free service of http://www.ComputerProblems.com - We share
your PAIN!
If you find this information helpful, pass it on to others...
If you would like to be added or removed from this list, go to:
http://www.computerproblems.com/quikreg.cfm

           Q: How to use Google to search your favorite website!

           A: Most websites have a search option that allows you to find
information on that site
           by typing in a search phrase. In many cases, the site's
search engine is lacking any real
           capabilities or just plain gives you too many results. For
instance, the Microsoft website
           search engine is OK, but I prefer the results that I can get
by using Google to search.

           Wouldn't it be nice if you could harness the power of
Google's search engine with
           virtually any website?

           Well, you can! Simply add "site:wwww.nameofthesite.com".

           If I were looking for "upgrading" information on the
Microsoft website, I would type
           "upgrading site:www.microsoft.com" in Google and viola!

           Give it a try on sites that have large amounts of
information, like Yahoo!, AOL or
           Amazon.

           To learn more about Google's advanced features, go to:
           http://www.google.com/advanced_search
           Answered by: Ken Colburn

---