Re: Eicpt

---------

From: M Ulakovits (msqu_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 18:18:16 PDT

I've just been going through my lessons and beefing up my EICPT originally
known as ECPT but also known as CPT. If you are using the Electronic
Integrated Curriculum Planning Tool and would like to share lessons through
the import/export share tool, please let me know. I am only using the
elementary version at this time. Using both got to be too much.

If you have no clue what I'm talking about but are interested in finding
out and possibly using the CPT ( I highly recommend it or something similar
for elementary art teachers) read on.

The CPT was created for teachers of all subject areas in the state of
Florida to use. It can be downloaded from the Florida 's Department of
Education's website. I'm sure there are better programs out there that do
just as much or more but this is free. Here's what it will do: Forces you to
put your lessons into the same format which includes fields for Description,
procedure, resources, assessment, strategies for special needs students and
students of limited English, vocabulary, skills and knowledge, etc. Built
into one field are the standards for the state of Florida. The great
advantage to using this tool is it's organization and retreival
system.I teach 625 students every 6 days, k-5. Because of block scheduling
,which changes every year,
it is extremely difficult to plan sequential lessons. When I set up the room
to paint for the first class, I have to teaching painting all day. I can't
tear down and reset for drawing, clay, machee,etc. So the planning gets
rough and time consuming without a little help. On the average, I plan 20-25
different lessons every week.
With the CPT, once the lessons are in the system, I can retrieve them by
artist, style, media, contributing art teacher, title, grade level or any
word in the text. And, I can attach worsheets and photos to each lesson. It
has a built in rolodex I can flip through. The DOE envisioned teachers using
this tool and then share their lessons across the state through the built in
share program. I have been using it since it was first developed. I think
it's been about four years now.The new version is better than the old.
I've gotten some good tips from this list in the past soI thought I might
share this tid bit. It's not for everyone but it could be a God send for
some.
Please email me if you are already using it and want to import/export
through the share program.
Martha Ulakovits

---