PBS project

---------

From: pgstephens (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 13:39:43 PDT

Judy, you are sweet to mention the two projects.

FYI ... the PBS project is through the Dallas affiliate KERA. KERA
produced a beautiful video related to the Kimbell Museum's recent
exhibition, "Matisse and Picasso: A Gentle Rivalry." I was asked to
develop a teacher resource guide and lessons to accompany the video.
Any Texas teacher who attends a training session will receive the video,
16-page resource guide, six color posters, and six lesson summaries.

This project has been funded by a Texas entity, so only Texas teachers
will be eligible to receive the materials.

For anyone outside of Texas, I am hoping to present some distance
learning this fall. The resource guide and lessons will be posted to
the PBS site and will available for download. The online training would
show you how to use the materials. Sadly, I cannot provide the video to
teachers outside of Texas, although it might be shown nationally and you
could tape it.

Training sessions will be held in school districts in the KERA viewing
area of North Texas. I will lead some of the training and teachers who
served on the advisory committee will lead others.

For TAEA members, Jan Dodd and I will present two training sessions at
the fall conference. There will be no charge for the workshops, but you
must pre-register to attend. The TAEA workshops will be capped at 25
participants each.

From a very hot Texas,
Pam

---