PBS News - Diversity - Music

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 12:12:04 PDT

For those who do not subscribe to PBS.....

EGG the arts show "Off the Charts"
TV> PBSOL>
Middle/High School
Friday, July 20, 2001 (10-10:30 pm)
EGG takes viewers off the beaten path to experience the excitement,
diversity, and raw energy of the arts nationwide. This episode looks
at a variety of music played by talented and little-known artists,
from polka in Pulaski, Wisconsin to Gullah music in the barrier
islands of Georgia. (CC, Stereo, 1 year)
-------------------------------------
I sure hope I remember to tape these -- there is one on tonight, too
("Space" I think -- If I forget to mention it tomorrow --don't
ask --cause that means I forgot). The times are EST. Check your local
listings.

Here is the URL for the newsletter -- Check the site to see how to
subscribe if interested:
http://www.pbs.org/teachersource/previews/newsletter.shtm

BTW - our own Pam Stephens is working on a project with PBS right now.
It looks promising. She will let us know when it is ready- it has
really blossomed for the initial plan.

Also....Watch for the release of an animation video on Henri Rousseau
that Pam is working on with Jim McNeill. It will be available in the
Crystal Productions spring catalog. Sounds like it is a "must have".
You remember Jim's cartoons on his site (http://www.jimmcneill.com/)
 ...he has a real talent for this animation stuff.

---