Re: Hackers -- groan not again.

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 04:29:11 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Judy Decker" <jdecker@woh.rr.com>

> Hackers beware....I have just taken others' advice and decided we have
> to unplug our cable modem when not in use. We are getting a bit tired
> of whomever is trying to get into our machine.

This, and the price increase is why we decided to switch from Cable back to
dial-up. Although we have a firewall, it is unnerving to have people
constantly trying to hack in. You know the minute you let your trojan
definitions slip, somone will get in. We had attempts at hacking sometimes
10 times a day, at least.

Also, for us, cable is not that much faster, if at all. We must have a lot
of people using the line. Since we don't have a web page, we only have one
computer, and we don't download much software, we don't miss the tiny bit
more speed. I just miss being able to take phone calls. If any of you have
software that solves that problem, please let me know (I know someone listed
a computer answering machine before).

Thanks, Leah

---