A little kindness goes a long way

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 08:48:16 PDT

I wasn't going to share this with the list ---but I think the former
member would appreciate it. I always send personal replies because it
is easier for me to do so (I am a digest person-- I just click on the
sender's address). This member did not read my first replies to her
(so, yes it is her fault)...In the future I will do the Bunki and
Woody trick by putting both of our names in the subject line....I
don't want any more young college students to go through such
embarrassment.

judy-
i appreciate your kindness in your reply.
i apologize to you personally because of my mix-up. i have
been sending messages to artsednet for the past three or
four months, after deleting messages without reading
them, hoping to get an actual person to reply to my question.
in my frustration, i sent a somewhat angry letter, but in my haste
accidentally sent a "reply all" message in contrast to my
desire to simply reply to artsednet.

i do think this is a good digest. however, i am an art education
student, and was simply enrolled for a class. after the class was
over, i
couldn't remember how to unsubscribe. and my frustration set in
when i was working on a show of digitalized photography,
and found out they could not be saved to my account at the
college, because my e-mail was taking up too much space...
largely due to the incredibly large mailings i'd been getting
from artsednet. having deleted all information, i was unaware of
how to unsubscribe.

this whole mess-up has shown me how nice the other
subscribers are, and how mean they can be also. i want to
thank you for kindly offering your aid. there were a lot of
other people who were not nearly so kind. i did make a
public apology to the entire listing. i feel bad about the
mix-up.

i am not un-subscribing for any reason except that right
now, i need my account space for other things. i am sure i will
be enrolling again in the future, when i begin doing my
student teaching and etc. there is a lot of knowledge...
but right now, it's not as necessary to me as other
obligations.

thank you judy... you've been very kind.(it makes me
believe we have some good art teachers out there who are
willing to take the time for students... even one that isn't
their own...)

Back to me: I have been through my share of public humiliation by my
administrators and yes, co-workers (won't go into that one...but I am
always happy to give them a few laughs now and then. I will just wear
a red nose to help them out...ha-ha). I do everything I can to keep
list members from being humiliated on this public forum (if non art
people get offended by things I say...well....ooops....This is
ArtsEdNet)...Sorry to have to be "Mean Old Mom"..today....but the
squealing of my Firewall protection is really getting on my
nerves...Son tells me it is not hackers...I just plug it in when I
have something to say. High pitched sounds are not fun.

I hope that all of you forget the name of this college student (use
your selective memory) and help her "with open arms" when she rejoins
I old her to keep me in her address book in the mean time.

Judy

---