Re: Why MAN creates

---------

From: Vivian Komando (komandv_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 08:27:39 PDT

OK - I have to put my 2 cents here - with absolutely no
smart mouth intended!

I was corrected early in my graduate work regarding "Why
Man Creates". This is the direct quote written on my
paper by a professor after I had commented on such:

"Just because the author uses sexist language, does not
mean you have to!"

And I have attempted to correct my own speech by saying
when Humans or People create:) I have had several
comments on my email signature about MAN and the ripple
HE sends out. This was a direct quote, so I hesitated to
alter it, but I have now with the use of parentheses.

Just my 2cents, like I said:)
Vivian

=====
Increase the Peace ~^~ {^}Each time a (Hu)man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, (s)he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope. Robert F. Kennedy