Re: urban decay, grafitti art - neat website

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 06:05:54 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: L. E. Horvath
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2001 12:18 AM
Subject: urban decay, grafitti art - neat website

www.detroityes.com/toc.htm.

A fascinating site. Thanks for sharing. This site could really start an
interesting classroom discussion about aesthetics, and about what art is,
and isn't. It has me thinking. For example, I find the Heidelberg Project
visually distracting and quite hideous which is exactly what makes its point
so effective, in my opinion. The funny thing is, I find "ruined" buildings
and houses more beautiful and interesting than those polka dots! However,
it's the polka dots that got the attention. So, is art supposed to be
beautiful? make a point? both?

Leah

---