keeping scketchbook & preparing portfolio

---------

From: Christine Sandeson (c.sandeson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 04:35:53 PDT

Karen

Good question Karen. I will also be doing a section on sketching in
September with the split 11'12, and pending suggestions from this
group, plan to follow a chapter in the text by Clint Brown & Cheryl
McLean "Drawing from Life"(Harcourt, Brace & Jovanovich), which talks
about gesture & schematic sketching, volume/mass/space, figure/frame
relationships, and expressive content. Instead of a sketch book
(which many will not purchase), I thought I'd ask students to pick up
unlined scribbler(s) in which they may also take notes.

As I will be continuing with drawing,I thought I'd call for a
portfolio folder for finished works.

Here is a question to those on this list who teach at an art
college. Do you have particulars on college expectations for
portfolio preparation? I'd like to teach a brief section on this
early in September and would appreciate tips.

christene in n.s.

---