urban decay, grafitti art - neat website

---------

From: L. E. Horvath (dulcius_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 21:18:34 PDT

I came accross a fascinating website - it chronicles the sad decline of Detroit's Victorian neighborhoods and theorizes about what's behind urban decay in general. In addition, there is a section on the Heildeberg Project (the house and neighborhood transformed into a controversial piece of artwork), and a very interesting tour of Detroit's "cave" paintings - ie, grafitti art. The address for the homepage is detroityes.com/home/htm; click on "Lascaux Detroit" to see a tour of the grafitti art. To see the "fabulous ruins of Detroit", go to detroityes.com/toc.htm. (sorry I don't have the @ part of the address - hope it works anyway!)
enjoy-
-Lydia de Toledo
(who happens to be S L O W L Y refurbishing a 100 year old house of her own!)

---