info on student art competitions?

---------

From: L. E. Horvath (dulcius_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 14:38:06 PDT

hello everyone!
Now that I've completed (read:survived:-) my first year teaching, I'm thinking about what things I can do next year beyond just "getting through". One thing I'd like to do is give students the opportunity to participate in local (or even national) art shows and competitions. The problem is that, since I teach in an independant school, I'm not sure where to begin looking for information on what shows are available, when the deadlines are, etc. I've tried doing an internet search, but it yeilded very little, especially in the way of local (northwest Ohio) competitions. If anyone out there has ANY ideas on where I should look, I'd really appreciate it!
Thanks!!
-Lydia de Toledo

---