RE: Share you summer school - teaching experiences

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 04:38:52 PDT

For the past 6 years I have had summer classes - I have them in my home
(can't use my classroom for profit) - they are a week long, 2 hours each
day.... believe it or not on the first day we use clay (I then start my
yearly clay god offerings that stops short of me fasting) I dry them in my
oven over night, transport to school the next day, we glaze on Wednesday and
they have them to take home on Friday... we also do printmaking, painting,
drawing and a sculpture project. I usually end up with 30 - 40 kids each
summer. It's worked out pretty well. I have a 9:00 - 11:00 class, then I
usually take my kids to the pool for lunch and swimming, then back home for
a 2:00 - 4:00 class. It wears me out - but the money is good.
Ellen

---