Re: Semester Schedule (Long)

---------

From: Christi Fennell (cfennell1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 02:11:41 PDT

Linda,
   I teach on the same schedule you do!! I have a
tendency to break the time up into smaller sections.
For example, a BUSY day may include: a daily journal
drawing, a timed drawing exercise, time to draw
outside and maybe time to finish a continuing project!
I like to break the 100 minutes up, so that they do
not get bored! Normally, I do not have them do 4
things in one day, but sometimes it helps them
appreciate the "slow" days I plan.
   I do not ever worry about when we are going to
finish a project. Depending on how often we work on it
and how they are doing...I then give them a due date.

   I know some people prefer a more structured
schedule, but for me it works! I like the fact that I
can add mini drawing projects to help them do a better
job on a Big drawing assignment.
   Of course you are also talking to someone who
changes her course projects regularly!! If I think the
students would like to do a different project...I
substitute it and off we go.
Christi Fennell
Calipatria High School 9-12
Art1 Art2 Art3 Design Yearbook & Newspaper
(Wow! I sound busy!?!?)