Our Comprehensive Arts billboard - it is up

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 18:08:36 PDT

Oh this is too funny.... It just goes to show no matter how much
planning you do-- someone will still use their "artistic license" (and
think they have a better idea on "aesthetics").

In our Comprehensive Arts Symposium we discussed for quite some time
what our billboard should look like (Should it be "i am not lost" or
"I am not lost" -- What type face...How should the words be placed
etc. Should it have our names on it...and so forth) We voted on:

i am not lost

To be in regular typewriter style font (Century School Book or Times
New Roman-- you get the idea). The type was to be centered across the
middle of the bill board with white space top and bottom....Here is
the funny part -- the bill board is:

I AM NOT LOST

in huge sans serif letters filling the whole billboard top to bottom
and side to side (totally opposite of what was decided by our
collective group)..OK...let's just shout it to the world.... too
funny. I wonder what the Art's Curriculum Coordinator will have to
say? I know I said I wasn't going to talk to you folks anymore
today....but this was just too good. Hubby and I had a good laugh.

Judy Decker

P.S. The artists we used as inspiration were Jenny Holzer and Barbara
Kruger http://www2.wcoil.com/~mdecker/art-text.htm

---