Re: SEMESTER SCHEDULE - power point presentations

---------

From: croberts (croberts_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 16:24:17 PDT

>I'm also planning to use Powerpoint presentations, but I, too, need a large
monitor.
> Does anyone know about how much they cost?

I use a large screen television set to show my presentations on...it's
probably the cheapest way to go.

>Our library has a computer lab that I want the
> students to use for Powerpoint presentations on the elements and
principles, art periods, etc. Last
> year I gave the students big sheets of butcher paper and markers to make
posters illustrating a
> different element that they then taught to the class (I do have several
textbooks they use to look up
> the information).

Another good thing to do...is to have them research different periods in art
or different artists...and then have them do the posters on the large sheets
of butcher paper...and then do a power point presentation...they can use all
of this to teach the class on their period of art or artist.

Carolyn Roberts

They seemed to enjoy this and some of the posters were so good, that I've
saved
> them. I hope to extend this into Powerpoint presentations. Maybe l would
let them do the posters as
> preliminary design (maybe storyboard fashion) and then translate into a
Powerpoint presentation. I just