Re: SEMESTER SCHEDULE

---------

From: Linda Watson (lsw_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 10:38:10 PDT

Sharon,

I like the idea of the spreadsheet to organize. Can you attach it to an email and send it to me? I'd
really like to see it! I'm also planning to use Powerpoint presentations, but I, too, need a large monitor.
Does anyone know about how much they cost? Our library has a computer lab that I want the
students to use for Powerpoint presentations on the elements and principles, art periods, etc. Last
year I gave the students big sheets of butcher paper and markers to make posters illustrating a
different element that they then taught to the class (I do have several textbooks they use to look up
the information). They seemed to enjoy this and some of the posters were so good, that I've saved
them. I hope to extend this into Powerpoint presentations. Maybe l would let them do the posters as
preliminary design (maybe storyboard fashion) and then translate into a Powerpoint presentation. I just
feel strongly that our students need all the computerl skills they can get and that an art class is a
perfect place to do that.

Lindaw

---