HS curriculum

---------

From: Paulette Keck (tcsfp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 08:29:41 PDT

I am yet another person who is moving to a high school in the fall (WOOHOO!!!!!). I am so happy to be done with my exceedingly frustrating first year in NYC and looking forward to working with the older kids. I have an... interesting... situation in that I am the only art teacher and while I have a nice, large room, they have absolutely no structure to it. Meaning, when I asked how they do scheduling (ie- ArtI, ArtII, etc), they said, "Well, we have 'ART' and that's you." They are going to be scheduling all the seniors who need a fine arts credit first, but they have no idea how they are going to do it yet. So I am listening to everyone's ideas for curriculum with great interest as I've taught middle school for 5 years and elementary for 1. I'm working at researching, etc. but be forewarned... you will be hearing from me...  (AAACCKKK!)     it's all right, i'm ok now. just had to get that out :)
Paulette