Thank you

---------

From: Sarah Lohrius (lohrius_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 07:45:20 PDT

I wanted to take a moment and say thank you to all of you. I have been
a "lurker" on this list for over two years. I have never worked as a
teacher but I have been working here in New York as an arts
administrator managing various artist residency programs and other arts
education resource programs. While I have found my work here very
rewarding, when I reflect on my time here I realize that it was being a
part of this list and all of your lives that made me feel connected to
this cause that I care so deeply about. Your trials and your triumphs
have informed everything I've done as an administrator and I often found
myself in a meeting referring to something one of you had said as a
serious issue that we need to address. I am leaving this job now in
search of something new, something that might keep more connected to the
forces that drew me to arts education and the non profit world
initially. So, I will be signing off of artsednet for a while as I
search for this illusive position, but I couldn't leave without saying
thank you and assuring you that I will be back some day and that you all
will be in my thoughts.

I wish you all the best and congratulate you for the remarkable work you
do. Thank you.

--
Sarah Lohrius
Program Officer, Education