Re: Re(2): Art I Curriculum

---------

From: Linda Watson (lsw_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 02:17:21 PDT

7/11/01 4:25:34 AM, "Aust ArtClasses" <austart@bryanisd.org> wrote:

>Teresa,
>
>That was well stated and would like to use some of your answers you give
>your students. I have also told my students that how they can use what
>they do learn in class in every day life. I even had one student who was
>mine last year come in dressed really weird colors, plaids and florals.
>You should have heard the statements. Then the dicussion begins.

I agree! I definitely plan to use her answers as well. I also agree with you, Jackie, that students need to see the relevance. I want to try using my
technology unit I'm creating for TIE (Teachers in Education) at the beginning of the year. The students will brainstorm careers that use art (hope they get
really creative with this and see all kinds of areas a background in art would be beneficial) and then divide into groups to do research and a slide show
presentation on a career they find the most interesting, lucrative, rewarding, etc. Hopefully this will help motivate the older ones who are beginning to
realize they will need a career soon! Maybe the senior students could be in the leaders in each group as many of them would have already had some
computer courses. Thank you all for the input. I'm actually beginning to look forward the the challenge next year!

Lindaw

---