Re: yearly plan

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 07:31:50 PDT

LIn,

I have been thinking about this also. I have had the thought of using the
first six weeks just to introduce students to critique, elements and
principal, then doing the around the world thing or even just the timeline
thing with more indepth study of elememts then.

I have been reading some and have cross views on this. Letting students
do work based on styles of others, copying others to learn process, and
then combining styles (say a modern painting done in Baroque, long stretch
there). Just preliminary thoughts. After 17 years, you get tired of the
same ole thing. I am there so will be looking for fresh ideas this year.

Jackie Aust
Bryan Texas
austart@bryanisd.org
jab1997@bryanisd.org