Re: Share you summer school - teaching experiences

---------

From: Clark Fralick (cfralick_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2001 - 21:02:53 PDT

I just finished (end of July) my "Summer Art Camp". And I had a great
time. I have been doing these particular classes for the last 7 years.
Each year a little different but had been building on previous years.
This year the response was outstanding (75 kids). We had to hire another
teacher. We taught two, two-week sessions divided up into primary (1-3)
and intermediate (3-5). The kids were there to have FUN and learn. (At
least I think they did) Heck it's summer, right. Anyways we did a lot of
things like papermaking, ceramics, plaster sculpture, mask making, fresco,
painting and drawing. You can see some of the pictures on my website
www.indy.net/~cfralick/artroom/index.htm I think the art room was trashed
even more from the month we spent this summer than the whole of last year.
But that's not my problem. It's July, My Time, In the pool with My kids,
having a ball.

Clark

---