Re: What computer equipment (hardware and software) to ask for Elem. Art room ??

---------

From: Clark Fralick (cfralick_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2001 - 20:25:01 PDT

Hello, this is a good question that you will probably get a lot of
opinions on. Here's mine. This is what I have in my art room.

5 PC(IBM) with 17inch(min)monitors.
As much memory as you an afford 256MB
6-8 Gigabyte HD. (I don't use it but it's good to have)
Color Laser (If you can get one)
2 digital cameras (I have Sony Mavicas)
A couple of scanners (I only use one, the kids use the cameras to digitize
their artwork)
A Smartboard (Interactive white erase board)AWESOME!
An Elmo presentation stand (slides/3D stuff projected to smartboard)
Projector(hooked to my computer and smartboard)

As far as software. I use Kidpix, Photoshop LE, Tesselmania Deluxe, Fun
with architecture, and a host of interactives.
I ws very high on using the Wacom Tablets and purchased 3. They are
sitting in my shelf right now becaus ethe pens stopped working, They
caused my machine to lock up at time and didn't get along well with the
network. I still use one at my workstation though.

If you need some more help let me know.

Clark

---