RE: Multiple Schools

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2001 - 19:34:54 PDT

Check out your state laws. I believe here in Texas if a teacher within a
district wants an open position and is qualified for it, the position
must be offered to that teacher, before someone from outside the
district. A friend of mine was about to be hired by a high school in
Houston (Not HISD), when an in-district teacher (who was qualified)
asked for it.

My fiend was very upset, but she called the principal of the school with
the opening and asked that principal to speak to the principal of the
other HS were the teacher was coming from. She got that job. The 1st
school has more prestige but the second school has more diversity.

Kimberly (kimberly@wcc.net)