Re: Multiple Schools

---------

From: Chris Allred (callred_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2001 - 11:59:53 PDT

I can relate to the lack of job stability. I taught this year for the first
time, and was relieved that things went really smoothly. However, at the
end of the year, the principal told me that there was a possibility that a
tenured teacher would be put into my position (apparently the tenured
teacher was having some problems handling the administrative position he had
been promoted to.) Now, here it is July and I still can't get a yes or no
for the coming school year. It's irritating because I feel like I'm being
persecuted for the poor performance of someone else. The principal told me
that they were completely satisfied with the job I had done, but that
doesn't make me feel much better. The strangest part of the whole scenario
was that the tenured teacher was my mentor under the lateral entry program,
so as you can imagine, our mentor/1st year teacher relationship has really
been shaken. I'm not certain at this point if I'm even going to bother
staying in the teaching profession if this situation doesn't resolve itself.
It just seems like such a headache sometimes.