"Pay it Forward" - do unto others....

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2001 - 11:26:58 PDT

OK... When you have something to do just do it!
If I had done this first thing like I planned then I would have been
done with my computer for awhile.....For those who have not seen "Pay
it Forward"....do see it. You and I would have written a happier
ending....that is all I will say (K.I.S.)....We have been doing this
concept ever since the Getty list began (I know and I have only been
on it since Sept/Oct 1999....and it was Gina of Australia who got me
going).

"Pay it Forward":
When someone does something nice to you or for you - all you have to
do is do something nice to three other people to show your
appreciation. Each of those people have to do three kind things to
three more people and so on. The emphasis in on KIND things.

Several list folks have recommended this movie to me so I finally
rented it (stars Helen Hunt, Kevin Spacey and the boy from "Sixth
Sense").

The boy is this movie got the idea from an assignment a social studies
teacher who wrote on the board:
"Think of something you can do to improve the world -- then put the
plan into action" (close enough).

There were others all over the area who were also "Paying it forward".
Kind of an idea that just spreads....in a good way.
Others share our dreams....(I dreamt about it again last night).

Judy Decker

P.S. If anyone has seen some other MUST SEE videos for this summer
please post to the list. I have pleanty to keep me busy reading.

---