Re: Art I Curriculum

---------

From: Linda Watson (lsw_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2001 - 04:39:05 PDT

Ken,

Thanks for the curriculum plan. This is exactly what I needed. Another issue I'd like to discuss is how to deal with students (many of them seniors) who
are required to have a fine art credit. I'm glad we have this requirement in Texas, or I might be out of a job but many of them resent that they have to take
an art class, and because of insecurities about their abilities, just don't want to try. I can usually convince most of them to at least try but the struggle can
really get tiring. In these same Art I classes will be students who are excellent artists already and this doesn't help the insecure ones. Any suggestions
would be appreciated.

Lindaw

---