Stress on kids

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2001 - 09:02:04 PDT

If anyone of the "higher ups" in educational planning want to see what
stress does to kids--I have a letter I wrote in May of 2000. I can not
post it to this list because that is what got me in so much trouble
that May (May 26-29). I do still have the letter. I will not share
that letter with anyone unless they ask to see it and ask me
personally (no code-name e-mail accounts). I reduced my stress by just
doing what I knew needed to be done and jumping through hoops to get
what I needed....but kids don't have that skill yet (I learned it from
my mother and sister)-- and why should they have to learn it?.
Fortunately...some changes are being made --but it took over a year to
get there.

I subbed for four years all over the county and city so I was well
prepared for the stress teachers face. The stresses kids face were the
toughest for me to deal with.

Judy Decker

---