Re: Moving to a HS job next year

---------

From: Judie (judiej50_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2001 - 04:20:54 PDT

Maggie, I would love copies of your contracts if possible. I'm embarking
on a new year of mostly Independent Study/AP classes, and anticipate a
lowered "work ethic" attitude among my Seniors. I usually crack the whip
several times during the year, but it's exhausting and doesn't create a
very good atmosphere in the room. I want to have the students "own" their
experience (obviously with guidelines), and the contract idea sounds
wonderful.

Thanks.

Judie J

>I wrote contracts for my Independent Study students, one for working
>intensely with one or two media, the other for portfolio preparation;
>the latter was based on the portfolio requirements from various
>schools. I would be happy to send you copies if you like.

---