Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Use for old mini-blinds?????

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 16:59:29 PDT

from: Bunki Kramer (
Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
art webpage -
Okay, I need our collective genius to work on this.... Last year (packrat
that I am) I saved a couple of old mini blinds, thinking that SURELY there
would be some sort of nifty thing that could be done with the plastic
My first thought was weaving...either as weft or hangers for
weavings. How about painting them and use them the ONLY pieces in a weaving?

I've seen mini-blind WOOD slats used as a cross-brace for the back side of

Oooo, oooo. I've got a great idea! How about if you paint 12 slats...each
one a diff. color of the colorwheel? Drill holes in both ends of
each...maybe even a hole-punch will work. Maybe using a metal clasp...the
kind that look like a small brass tack but the two long legs of the tack
spread open to hold papers or such...connect all the holes with a tack on
one end, do the other end also and tie the two ends with a shorter
transparent wire string to form a "ball" of all strips. This would make an
exciting colorwheel ball you could hang in your room like a mobile and spin
with the air currents. could have diff. kids pick out color
schemes on the colorwheel and do diff. a monochromatic ball, or
a triad ball, or complementary, etc. so you could point to the spinning
balls from the ceiling when you're talking about color combos. Ooooo! I wish
"I" had some slats now!!!!! Toodles.....Bunki