My Dream

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 15:30:56 PDT

I was just going through my art digests before I deleted them...I didn't
actually tell you my dream (just that I was following it). My dream (one I
REALLY had the other night) was that through this list we were able to
reform education....and help bring about world peace. I thought it was a
good one....I know not practical...but something I could wish for. Maybe
someday. I saw others had similar dreams....May all of your dreams come
true -- we can help kids follow their dreams.

I know my ideas are goofy....but I will continue to write them (when I have
time)....After all, once school starts, I - like you - will be too busy to
"talk" and will have other priorities. This has been a fun time for
me....boring for you.....Oh well ...It is summer.

My priorities next year will be bulletin boards and using visual resources
that I have on hand more effectively.
My priorities are going to be developing challenging lessons - making more
art with my students....and helping students achieve what is important in my
curriculum....My priorities will be teaching art in ways that were most
effecitve for me. I will let those who have to power to improve education
take over in the fall....but it was fun putting art at the core for a short
time (now back to "reality"....smile)

I have tones of stuff (ideas) on my computer for new to the list members.

Judy Decker

P.S. My apologies to anyone who felt I needed to "get a life"....I do have a
pretty good one. One I like to live my way -- and one I am happy with. Isn't
that what life is all about? Keep posting your dreams......

---