Re: Stressless or trying to be

---------

From: Sue Freeland (sudz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 13:41:11 PDT

Stressless or trying to beGreat advice Patty!!!
   Just wanted to add that I would like to introduce the idea to our state legislature that all people (esp. political people) who are involved in making the big decisions in education from the state house on down need to spend at least three days each year as a substitute teacher and at least one of these days needs to be in a middle school. That way they will gain an appreciation for our job. Maybe if I ask for 10 days I'll get three?
  These people need to see the obstacles to education (large classes, disrespect, bad behavior, etc....)and help to rid them from our schools.
  Just hope others might join this movement in their states as well.
  Sue

---