AP Article - Student Privacy

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 12:21:01 PDT

There was an AP article by Greg Toppo regarding the privacy issue that
we discussed earlier. The NEA is filing a Friend of the Court Brief with
the Supreme Court in favor of the Owasso School District (supporting
students trading paper to grade). The law in questions is the "Family
Education Rights and Privacy Act. I tried to find a copy on the AP's
Wire website, but it doesn't seem to be posted yet. You might check your
local papers to see if they picked up the article.
Kimberly (kimberly@wcc.net)

---