Funny Story was RE: A&E Impressionsits

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 12:01:49 PDT

The part about editing out the nudes reminded me of something that
happened my senior year in High School. We had studied the Arthurian
Legend, and the teachers got permission to show us Excalibur, provided
they FF'ed one scene (We were all over 17).

Anyway Spring Branch ISD had this closed circuit system. They could show
programming over the system to all schools (They would show art
demonstrations, science experiments, Soc. Studies movies at certain
times of the year and your teacher would just turn on the TV to the
correct channel. Then there was block of channels that the schools could
use to show programming on a campus level. This meant a group of
teachers could show the same program, without crowding into one room.

The English teachers were using the campus level channels to show the
movie. The each period the teacher who had conference that period was to
go up to the media room and FF'ed the movie. My teacher (and most of the
others I guess) was sitting at her desk grading papers (after all she
had already seen it 4 or 5 times that day). When a ripple of giggles
made her look up and see King Arthur in bed with his sister (either that
or King Uther with Arthur's Mother), She jumped up and ran out the room
and up the stairs (followed by all the senior English teachers.) No-one
thought to stay and make us turn off the TV's. Turns out the teacher who
was off that period had broken up a fight and marched the students off
to the grade level principal's office. She had asked the secretary to
call one of the other teachers to tell her she wouldn't be available,
but the secretary was interrupted by a phone call and didn't call until
all the teachers had run upstairs. Fortunately none of our parents got
upset, and no-one got into trouble.
Kimberly (kimberly@wcc.net)