Art I Curriculum

---------

From: Linda Watson (lsw_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 06:38:55 PDT

I'm rethinking my Art I curriculum for next year. In the past I have planned lessons based on the elements and principles and used our textbook
(ARTTALK) to introduce the particular element/principle I want them to grasp. This next year I want to try another approach, maybe by media and then
throw in the elements and principles as we go or maybe just do a project by project type study using artists as the motivation. As you can see, I'm
undecided-- only 6 more weeks, too! I would appreciate advise from those who have been teaching art for awhile. Is there any one approach that has
worked best for you? I have been reading a little on DBAE. I also plan to use technology as much as possible next year. I'm a participant in a project
called TIE, which is sponsored by Apple Computer. I'm currently working on a lesson plan on art careers where students will research art careers online
and create a slide show using Powerpoint. I'm looking forward to using this (of course, I'll have to learn Powerpoint myself!)

Linda Watson

---