Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: show and tell

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 07:15:42 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Susan and Ben" <>
To: "ArtsEdNet Talk" <>
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2001 8:51 AM
Subject: show and tell

> Think back to
> "show and tell"

I would
> like to add this as an introductory lesson for the next school year to
> me learn about the kids, but I am not sure how I want to structure it...
> ideas?

Dear Susan,

Perhaps you could make the show and tell last from 3-5 days, separate them
into groups that will show each day, taking just a portion of the class
time. During the rest of the class, use the items as part of a project, or
begin a "personal project." As far as using the actual show and tell items,
students could do a group of sketches (you could introduce observational
sketching). One idea for a personal project would be doing a
"self-portrait" but instead of drawing themselves, they could draw items and
symbols that represent them, make it look like a collage of items or a still

Hope this gets you started. . .