Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Many share our dreams

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 02:19:03 PDT

I got this newsletter -- I had e-mailed them for permission a while back to
use some of their links work on my own African American at page (I guess
that answer was "Yes -- by all means")

The work in the exhibit (Venice Biennial) will make you think....and it
should. Much of the work is too sensitive for kids--maybe high school? But
let's all try to follow those dreams for a better tomorrow for ALL
humankind. (I omitted the authors of the letter -- but the names can be
found on the Universes -in Universe site). (I guess my mail was calling me
this morning it is 5:15 AM). Judy Decker

Information and communication system on the arts
of Africa, the Americas and Asia/Pacific

Dear colleagues and friends,

four weeks after the opening, we are publishing now our

Tour of the 49th Venice Biennial

In accordance with our project Universes in Universe, we have
concentrated on the participants from Africa, Asia/Pacific and Latin

We are presenting 62 of the artists and projects, a third of them, with
interviews or additonal texts. Most of the ca. 300 images appear first
in a reduced version, which can be enlarged.

A quick overview of all contents can be found on the site map: