All tech people are not created equal

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 08 2001 - 18:20:34 PDT

Please... I must stand up for the tech people who are good and kind and
smile all the time. First -- Let me start with my husband ...then my
son....then our tech wizards on this list (we do have some really good ones
who know all of the tricks and share them)....And we have a good guy in my
own school building now, too. I think I have taught him well....I have seen
big changes in his behavior in just that past year. He even went in on a
Saturday last summer --on his own time --and copied all of my files for me.
Now that is a good thing. They like what he does so well that they even
made him in charge of the high school too.

Some tech people have to be told every now and them how good they are and
then they se all of the good they can do for others.

I have seen our tech person (every once in a while I have to elevate him to
wizard too --a title I reserved for my son in the past). I have seen him
time and time again in our building this summer working so hard and I don't
even think they pay him for all of his time. Now that is generous! (of
course I wasn't in working --just went in to pick up a thing or two). I
really love this freedom to go to school and get what I need when I need it.
I am so thankful for that. So many of you do not have access over the
summer.

At one time there was barter system....you work -- you get something in
return. I they don't want to pay him what he is worth -- I wonder what they
could give him in return?

Teachers all have to work more (and more) and expect nothing more....We all
know that isn't right. I will campaign for the tech people who are expected
the same. OKJ ( I know I was just on a roll --- BTW that is "OK Judy"). You
can quit reading anywhere along the way - or save it for the book we will
all write someday.

---