Follow Clark's Dream

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 08 2001 - 16:38:56 PDT

I helped him with the rest (shhh--Clark secrets are OK)

2. That someday all teachers will be paid and respected as the real
professionals that they are.

This can be all of our "missions"....we are responsible for the future of
our country.
Do everything you can to get higher salaries. We have earned it.

Our ministers (all religions) do the best job at protecting the future of
our country and most of our students don't even get to talk to one. Most
parents know what is best for the future of our country.....but remember
many of those parent were our former students (and some still don't have a
clue). We have to start now. Build character know....the character of a
nation. Do our leaders really help build character....are they really abut
character education? (don't answer that one).

I don't write very well...so grab the ideas I have said and take them to the
folks in your district who really control your salaries (get some of the
ideas to the parents....to the teachers your school board and super do
listen to) and you will have nothing to worry about.

Well...Sensational Sunday is a day to make dreams come true.

Just ask MAlexander what his district in Connecticut does for teachers. When
I don't have an e-mail address handy -- I just go to the archives and enter
that person's name. I have his handy but this was info he sent privately to
me--If he wants to share it with everyone -- I think he will.

Judy Decker

---