Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Poisonwood Bible/Kingsolver

From: MaryAnn Kohl (maryann_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 08 2001 - 12:05:00 PDT

Prodigal Summer is an interesting read, but NOTHING like Poisonwood Bible,
which was very powerful. Prodigal Summer has an interesting inner-twist of
characters who don't know each other, but through the story are very
connected (again, without their knowledge). So, it's fun to read... but not

My opinion of course. I love all of Kingsolver's books. said on 7/8/01 10:23 AM :

> Tracey, Prodigal Summer was published after Poisonwood Bible. I read an
> excerpt from it, and it sounded great, set in Appalachia, if I remember
> correctly.
> Have you read her earlier books? I think they are terrific also.
> Charlotte

  ~ MaryAnn F. Kohl ~