Re: Poisonwood Bible/Kingsolver

---------

From: MaryAnn Kohl (maryann_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 08 2001 - 12:05:00 PDT

Prodigal Summer is an interesting read, but NOTHING like Poisonwood Bible,
which was very powerful. Prodigal Summer has an interesting inner-twist of
characters who don't know each other, but through the story are very
connected (again, without their knowledge). So, it's fun to read... but not
memorable.

My opinion of course. I love all of Kingsolver's books.

griswald@telis.org said on 7/8/01 10:23 AM :

> Tracey, Prodigal Summer was published after Poisonwood Bible. I read an
> excerpt from it, and it sounded great, set in Appalachia, if I remember
> correctly.
> Have you read her earlier books? I think they are terrific also.
> Charlotte
> griswald@telis.org

  ~ MaryAnn F. Kohl ~
maryann@brightring.com