Re: coin design/Discovery channel

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 08 2001 - 08:55:28 PDT

Students are fascinated by money. Around Presidents Day, I often have
students draw money. I give them proportional, but large, green paper,
pencils, and black and white crayons. They look at pictures of dollar
bills, and draw as much detail as they want with pencil (I encourage as much
detail as possible). They are also allowed to change details. Then they
use black and white to outline/shade/highlight. I did this one year as a
"filler" and the kids (2nd grade) loved it, so now I use it often. Just
don't pass real bills around or you might come up short (don't ask me how I
know -grin-).

Leah

---