Re: coin design/Discovery channel

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 08 2001 - 08:15:21 PDT

To tie in with this idea I had my fourth grade students design the new
"Kansas" dollar. It was a quicky sub lesson as we were starting a new
project and I didn't want my non-art sub doing it, so I came up with this.
The work turned out so great I'm going to keep this lesson!
    I agree that if they are going to have children participate in these
contests then they need to have their own "winner", even if all they win is
a certificate!
~Michal