coin design/Discovery channel

---------

From: FRANCIS REDFERN (nredfern_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 08 2001 - 07:28:15 PDT

Did anyone else see the Discovery program on the US Mint? Very
interesting and showed some of the design/art process including the two
artists who designed the front and back of the coin with the image of
the Indian Woman- won't even ty to spell her name.
I 've gathered some resources and would like to have my students design
the state quarter for our state - Texas, which I think will come out in
2004. The Discovery program will fit right in.
Anyone else thinking about a project like this?

Nora

---