Tech personalities and clay birds

---------

From: Jim Hodgins (HDD_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 07 2001 - 00:11:30 PDT

Bunki wrote <I DO have to tell you that I'm only allowed
to make the pages and the actual linkage to the server can ONLY be done
by the tech lady as she has the secret password....it's a power thing.
I've watched (and done) some of the linkage but I am not allowed to
watch when she puts in the magic number....can you believe that?! She's
the kinda person who never smiles...>

Oh Bunki - could you hear me laughing from thousands of miles away???
Are all computer tech people the same??? You just described someone I
know!! And the exact way WE have to do things. Isn't it crazy!
BTW the clay birds on my web page were an idea from the NY Conference -
a small balloon was the 'mold', but I have since found a better method
which others have probably used. It's a simplified version of a pinch
pot - the children shape the clay into a large 'orange' shape, split it
in half with nylon string, hollow out each side with a twist of wire,
then join the 2 halves. These can be 'paddled' (carefully) with a flat
stick into almost any shape you want - rectangles, triangles, ovals etc
(make neat little pots, you can add bits on and make openings) - or
turned into the base for animals, fish or birds etc.
                           All the best, Jill in NZ

---