What to do with the "naughty mouth"?

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 19:16:08 PDT

You never know when an idea will strike. Roberta is always sending me jokes
and I had another former list member who used to send me some quite "off
color jokes"...you take the good with the bad. (so if you think I could use
a joke--just send them ...you never know).

I thought I would use my own version of joke someone sent to discipline the
"potty mouth" (the first time) the story of the autistic boy and the bird
reminded me of this. When the child fears the bird --you take the bird out
side.....but when it is what the bird says? You better discipline that bird.

Now this is paraphrased and not at all original and I won't even say who
sent the joke....but here is my way of telling the story.

I had a friend who had a parrot once that only said bad words....no matter
what she did that parrot would only say naughty words--you know the kind
your mother wouldn't want to hear. Well one day my friend got so mad at the
parrot that she put the parrot in the freezer....Well before too long that
parrot was a scratching at the door asking to get out. When my friend opened
the door, the parrot said "OK I'll be quiet --but what did the chicken do?"

Then tell the student "Do you want me to have to tell this story to you
every time you say a bad word or would you rather go down to the principal's
office....your choice...But if you don't like this story I am sure I could
tell you another one."...and I do have another one...another joke about the
"Wide mouth frog"...I know all of you have heard one version of that or
another.

Well...my good ness....It is 10:08 ...Where did the day go? it was Fabulous!

Judy Decker

P.S. My apologies to Martha Stewart.....I should not have made light of her
pain....I do know what has caused my back pain over the years and I will
never have a problem again with back pain....I hope I didn't offend any of
my dear Martha list friends (my Dad's cousin is also a Martha --and very
kind and loving one --who is always helping others). I solve my back pain
with prayer --and a good night's sleep. .... I did get some chuckles today
as I read the list....most of You are already following my advice. As I look
at this one all of my "I" are capitals.....OK I admit I did change that last
You.

---