Re: Special Web Privileges

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 18:36:36 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
I'm the "web person" at my school and I too have the so called secret
numbers, however, it isn't a power thing but a legal contract of sorts as to
which people are responsible for up loading to the site. I have to be very
careful and check everything. Once something is on our school site we become
libel for any problems that might occur. Barbara ---

Hi, Barbara. I understand what you are saying but I don't think that's the
case at my school. The tech person NEVER...I stress NEVER...checks (or even
READS) my webpages before putting them up so this is an obvious power play.
I guess you have to "be here" to understand our particular system. She is
definitely not "libel" for anything. It's quite frustrating for me as I'm
the only one who posts new pages fairly often. You'd think that they could
allow TWO people to have the magic key.

Not only is it frustrating to not post by myself, our tech lady will not
stay after school or come before school (since she doesn't get paid for
that...like WE do?) so the time I'm allowed to work with her is to make an
appointment during my lunch. That would be well and good if she was THERE
for the scheduled time but I find her roaming around the school when I'm
ready to work with her. Gurrrrrrrr. Oh, well...........Toodles.....B

---