Re: Stress

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 11:29:14 PDT

This is the best thing I have ever heard from an administrator.
Congratulations to her!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking that in the next few years, every one, not just educators, will
be taking a fresh look at stress in the workplace. The history goes back to
many years ago, when, downsizing was the thing to do. What that resulted in
was workplaces that didn't downsized production and profit -- only
employees.
We can only do so much - just like Lucy on that line - before we explode.
Isn't it amazing that the Lucy episode is probably nearly 50years old and we
are still feeling that kind of pressure?

What will be the evolution of all of this?

Thanks Linda
you give me hope that there are some administrators out there that are also
human beings

and ain't it curious that this came from a woman???

Patty

> Hi guys and gals, I just have to share what my wonderful principal did on
> this topic. We always have long faculty meetings on Wednesdays. Near the
> end of the year when everyone if burned out what we weren't looking forward
> to was a faculty meeting titled "Dealing with stress." Anyway when we got
> there she had M & Ms out on the tables and put on a video that was to help
> us deal with our stress - she said we could leave as soon as it was over.
> Well it was an "I Love Lucy." the one when she is on an assembly line trying
> to keep up with the ever increasing speed of the conveyor belt. We were all
> in tears from laughing so hard by the time it was over. No one wanted to
> leave, but she shooed us out. I can think of times when she has told
> teachers "Don't come in on weekends or breaks" Her stock comment is "Get a
> life." We all work hard "with" her and everyone gives 100% knowing how
> supportive and caring she is of us all. She truly does put the "bull in the
> bulletin and the meat in the meeting." Linda W. in Norman, OK

---